How to choose a secure password
To help keep your account and details secure, your password must contain:
- A minimum of 8 characters
- At least 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase letter
- At least 1 number
For additional security we strongly recommend including one of the following limited special characters: ! @ $ ^ * ( )
We also strongly suggest you use a pass-phrase (a string of uppercase/lowercase letters, numbers and symbols, e.g. ILik3JohnGri$h@m) that you can easily remember, but is hard to guess.
How to secure your password
- Do not share your passwords with anyone.
- Do not write your passwords down anywhere.
- Make it unique. Reusing a password multiple times makes it less secure, as it only requires one breach to compromise all the different places where that password is used.
- If you have many accounts across many different sites, consider using pass-phrases instead of passwords.
- Wherever it's available, enable two-factor authentication. This further protects your account with a second identity check. (Anyone trying to access your account will need to provide both the correct password and a one-off code sent directly to you.)